Dare, once again and with the humility of the small grain, to leave up to God the when and how it will grow."
Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger, speaking at....
World Youth Day Cross.
This section aims to provide an overview of some of the evangelisation activities across England and Wales taking place.
If your event or initiative is not listed please do contact us.
- 4/5/6 November DSC Conference Catholic Education Service
- Caritas - Social Action. Leadership seminar, London
- 10-13 November 2003 Catholic Bishops' Conference Plenary Meeting Hinsley Hall, Leeds
- 10 November 2003 Don Luis Fernando Figari (Perú) ~ Sodalicio de Vida Cristiana “The Lay Faithful and Christian Life”.St.Mary's, Twickenham
- 13,14 th November BBH: Future Church Conference.
- 14th-16th November COR LUMEN CHRISTI COMMUNITY EVENTS AUTUMN CONFERENCE (open to all)
- 15th November TOWARDS ADVENT: FESTIVAL OF CATHOLIC CULTURE start 10 am at Westminster Cathedral Hall. Stalls by wide range of groups, organisations and publishers, displays and talks. Speakers include Lord Guthrie, Fr Ian Ker, Fr Mitch Pacwa and workshop by "The Music Makers".
- Caritas – Social Action. Fundraising Seminar, London
- 19-20 th Vicars for Religious AGM, High Lea
- November 27th at 5pm Year? Black Friars Oxford Las Casas Lecture: The Long Revolution - Gospel, Church and Culture (Prof. Timothy Gorringe of Exeter
- November 21 st , 8pm and November 22 nd , 8pm, talk at by Andrew Cohen, founder of Enlightenment Magazine (New Age Magazine), Baker Street.
- 1-2 nd Dec. Caritas – social Action: Children and Families Conference, Leeds.
- 6 th Sacrosanctum Concilium, Hethrop College. One day conference on Liturgy.
- 8 December 2003 Austen Ivereigh (England) and Mario Marazitti (Italy) ~ The Community of Sant' Egidio “A Church that is and wants to be for everyone, and especially the Church of the poor - Pope John XXIII October 1962 ” Twickenham
- 9 th World Youth Day Cross arrives – touring the country. CYS involved as are diocese.
- 27 th Jan WYD Cross leaves.
- Tuesday 29th January at 5pm Year? BlackFriars Oxford. The 2002 Aquinas Lecture: How to be an Atheist (Prof. Denys Turner, Norris Hulse Professor of Divinity, Cambridge)
- 3 February 2004 Fr. François-Xavier Wallays (France) ~ Communauté des Béatitudes
“The New Communities: A Place of Consecration of Marital Love and of the Family” St.Mary's, Twickenham
- 6 th , 7 th February CCU/Ders Meeting of Christian Unity Reps and Diocesan Ecumenical Reps at Hinsley Hall, Leeds. Part of the Committee for Christian Unity.
- 9 February 2004 Professor Javier Prades (Spain) ~ Comunión y liberación“The Life of the Church: the Sacramental Method of Evangelisation” St.Mary's Twickenham
- 3 March 2004 Kiko Arguello (Italy) ~ Neocatechumenate
“Christian Initiation and the Transmission of Faith from Parents to Children”. St.Mary's, Twickenham
- 10/11 March ACVIC Conference Catholic Education Service
- 10 March 2004 Dr Michael John. Marmann (Germany) ~ Schonstatt Movement
“The Meaning of the Organism of Attachments for the Church's Evangelisation” St.Mary's Twickenham
- date tba – Diocesan Inter-Faith Coordinators Conference/meeting organised by the Committee for Other Faiths.
- 11th-17th April 2004 CELEBRATE (Easter week Ilfracombe, Devon). Theme "The Word and the Spirit". Usual team of dynamic speakers and communities and a few visitors from overseas. Something for all the family. Full programme for children and teens. Details: Open House, Bullstrode Way, Gerrard's Cross, Bucks SL9 7QU (See insert -Book early !)
- 26-29 April 2004 Catholic Bishops' Conference Plenary Meeting
- Ushaw College, Durham
- 10 May 2004 Christine McGrievy (France) ~ L'Arche Community
‘I will bless you, Father, Lord of heaven and of earth, for hiding these things from the learned and the clever (Lk.10:21) - the L'Arche experience of Evangelisation.' St.Mary's, Twickenham
- 13-16 th Christian Resources Exhibition, Sandown.
- 1 st – 3 rd Association of Seafarers Conference
- 15 th Ecumenical Conference GFE. Group for evangelisation's consultation on ‘Evangelism in the Church of the Future'. In London.
- 16 June 2004 Chiara Lubich (Italy) ~ Movimento Dei Focolari
“Ecclesial Movements and the Marian Profile of the Church”
- St.Mary's Twickenham
- 11 th ‘Sea Sunday', Association of Seafarers
- 23 rd /24 th July London Colney. CCU/Ders Meeting of Diocesan Ecumenical Reps and Christian Unity Reps. Part of the Committee for Christian Unity.
- 6 th August New Dawn 2004
- 27-30 th Greenbelt Festival at Cheltenham Racecourse
- 30 October – 3 November 2004 CCEE Presidents' Meeting. Hinsley Hall, Leeds