CASE was called into being by the Roman Catholic Bishops of England and
Wales and has their full support and backing. In conjunction with them,
our remit has been set as follows:
- To promote and evaluate methods and means of evangelisation.
- To be a resource for parishes, dioceses and local communities in understanding and responding to the current cultural situation.
- To promote intellectual dialogue between the Church and contemporary culture.
- To be a point of reference for new movements and organisations in the Catholic Church in England and Wales.
- To develop the Catholic Enquiry Office, especially using new technology and the internet.
- To relate to other Churches on issues of Mission and evangelisation, including representation on the relevant ecumenical bodies.